Monday, January 24, 2005
Body in Waterloo, spirit in Vancouver
Returning on the plane was fun - I slept more than I had hoped. Had a quick fundraising meeting with Sonya/Sarah/Jen/Jen on the plane, perhaps there will be a great goal set for EWB this term.
Still, I miss Vancouver because...
* many old memories
* 10C weather, even if that means rain all the time (100mm on Monday!)
* I was able to be a tour guide again, for many UW conference delegates
* the ocean. Think: Shawshank
* the mountains. So humbling
* did I mention the 10C weather?
* plenty of great food, especially those conference lunches
* the Empire Landmark Hotel.. truly a landmark..
* girls' eyes when they walk up and down Robson Street
* Adam Kaufman, even though he's no longer in Vancouver
* Granville Island Cream Ale
* the tourist, open-eyed, open-minded mindset
Still, I miss Vancouver because...
* many old memories
* 10C weather, even if that means rain all the time (100mm on Monday!)
* I was able to be a tour guide again, for many UW conference delegates
* the ocean. Think: Shawshank
* the mountains. So humbling
* did I mention the 10C weather?
* plenty of great food, especially those conference lunches
* the Empire Landmark Hotel.. truly a landmark..
* girls' eyes when they walk up and down Robson Street
* Adam Kaufman, even though he's no longer in Vancouver
* Granville Island Cream Ale
* the tourist, open-eyed, open-minded mindset
