Sunday, December 12, 2004
Lazy days
When I get the chance to, I love being lazy. Not too often, mind you, but just enough to let myself ooze fully into a pajama-wearing, video-game-playing, hair's-a-mess-and-I-don't-care kind of life. There's something deeply rewarding about doing nothing rewarding at all.
I can play games like Sega's old-school Sonic the Hedgehog or Yeti Games' Orca Slap. What's cooler than being cool? Driving a penguin into a bullseye as he bounces of an all-too-complying Orca.
Or, I can go shopping. I have almost all of my $100 amazon.com gift certificates left. What should I buy? So far: wireless card for my new laptop.
Likely, I'll continue my love affair with MSN Messenger. I really, really love this little time-wasting device, except it takes all the fun out of trying to plan anything or overcome communication hurdles. From checking on the Imprint e-mail being down to planning a trip to the Brinkman Christmas party (part II) in Kingston next Saturday, I don't even have to try anymore.
Sigh. Too bad I have an exam on the 21st. I'd really be sitting around with NOTHING to do otherwise. Knowing me, I'll probably end up doing something quasi-productive, like learning more HTML.
Maybe I'll practice cooking some more.
I can play games like Sega's old-school Sonic the Hedgehog or Yeti Games' Orca Slap. What's cooler than being cool? Driving a penguin into a bullseye as he bounces of an all-too-complying Orca.
Or, I can go shopping. I have almost all of my $100 amazon.com gift certificates left. What should I buy? So far: wireless card for my new laptop.
Likely, I'll continue my love affair with MSN Messenger. I really, really love this little time-wasting device, except it takes all the fun out of trying to plan anything or overcome communication hurdles. From checking on the Imprint e-mail being down to planning a trip to the Brinkman Christmas party (part II) in Kingston next Saturday, I don't even have to try anymore.
Sigh. Too bad I have an exam on the 21st. I'd really be sitting around with NOTHING to do otherwise. Knowing me, I'll probably end up doing something quasi-productive, like learning more HTML.
Maybe I'll practice cooking some more.
Comments:
<< Home
I like being lazy with you. I agree that doing more cooking would be a productive way to spend your free time. Especially if you were cooking for me. :) Although perhaps you shouldn't cook too much for me since you think I'm already too fatty fat fat fat.
toshia bought one-piece mickey mouse pajamas to ooze into and laze around in. they're nice.
you can practice cooking while you're here. really. we wouldn't mind. we have a nice enough kitchen.
good luck with your exam, and i'll see you in a week or so.
-joanna
Post a Comment
you can practice cooking while you're here. really. we wouldn't mind. we have a nice enough kitchen.
good luck with your exam, and i'll see you in a week or so.
-joanna
<< Home

