Saturday, December 25, 2004

 

Dreaming of a white Christmas, anyone?

Amidst the Christmas goodies, presents and viewing of many Christmas specials - Muppets' Christmas Carol, Claymation Christmas, Muppet Family Christmas, Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl (?) so far - I got some time to take some Christmas photos of the effects of the ice storm on the surrounding Tennessee area. I've posted a small selection of the photos closest to my parents' house here on my blog.

The ice had started to melt in the mid-afternoon sun, making some of the closer shots look as if the ice is in the final stages of melting. However, the sun has set and the temperatures have again dropped below freezing. Much of the ice remains and is expected to last for a few more days (!) yet.

Comments:
These are gorgeous pictures.

Have you made it into the hot tub yet?
 
Thanks! No cropping involved, even! I guess I've gotten better at photography with what has now become years (ack!) of newspaper experience. Two frosh weeks' worth of photos have also helped. Still, I'd love to take a real photography course sometime.

Alas, though, the frozen weather has disabled the hot tub. It looks like it won't be fixed anytime soon. Aaaaargh!!! All that build-up!!
 
You've got a natural talent Andrew, at it would be great to see it developed further. I remember way back, before all the newspaper experience, a cool photo essay contest we did for features...your photos were awesome! Not everyone can make stairs or dino feet look good.

christine
 
Thanks, Christine. I really appreciate it from my #1 favourite sidekick of all time (even though you're sidekick no more, but instead full-fledged superhero now).

I will try to develop my skills more when I get a chance. Buying my own camera is not a priority, though, and I have a scant few months left at Imprint. Plus, I would have to figure out how to make money with photography - everybody's got to eat!
 
Awwww you and Christine have superpowers? I REALLY got to get Davenport to cook me up some superpowers in his physics lab.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?