Monday, December 20, 2004
As I head into my last exam...
Despite my last post, I haven't seen much of the outside world since the exam period started. Old-and-paranoid-Howard-Hughes-style, I haven't even left my apartment since Saturday. As I head into financial accounting tomorrow morning, I'll recount a Letterman-style top 10 list on what's been interesting for me about this year's exam peiod:
10. Finishing three of my exams before the exam period even began. Nothing like knowing what your term average is likely to be before everyone else even starts stressing.
9. Having one of my two remaining exams on the second-last day of finals. Hello, people! I have a hot tub waiting for me in Nashville!
8. I have a hot tub waiting for me in Nashville.
7. Providing an eleventh-hour letter of recommendation for a peer nominated for UW's co-op student of the year award.
6. Bringing my psych average up by 3% this term alone.
5. The kid who, one minute before the start of my MSci exam, turned to me and asked "Hey, can you summarize [that thing that took two tutorial sections and is worth 20% of our mark]?" This kid had no clue. How people like this survive university if beyond me.
4. Speaking of idiots, some idiot pulled the fire alarm during my MSci exam. To that person: I could just slap you.
3. A girlfriend home from Nova Scotia after 1 1/2 months. Enough said.
2. My MSci prof telling me, when I handed in my completed final exam, that I had the highest mark in the class. (101% heading into the 40% final).
...and the #1 most memorable part of my second-to-last final exam period?
1. Coming home on Saturday night to find two snowmen having sex on my lawn. Ah, the perks of living in the student ghetto...
10. Finishing three of my exams before the exam period even began. Nothing like knowing what your term average is likely to be before everyone else even starts stressing.
9. Having one of my two remaining exams on the second-last day of finals. Hello, people! I have a hot tub waiting for me in Nashville!
8. I have a hot tub waiting for me in Nashville.
7. Providing an eleventh-hour letter of recommendation for a peer nominated for UW's co-op student of the year award.
6. Bringing my psych average up by 3% this term alone.
5. The kid who, one minute before the start of my MSci exam, turned to me and asked "Hey, can you summarize [that thing that took two tutorial sections and is worth 20% of our mark]?" This kid had no clue. How people like this survive university if beyond me.
4. Speaking of idiots, some idiot pulled the fire alarm during my MSci exam. To that person: I could just slap you.
3. A girlfriend home from Nova Scotia after 1 1/2 months. Enough said.
2. My MSci prof telling me, when I handed in my completed final exam, that I had the highest mark in the class. (101% heading into the 40% final).
...and the #1 most memorable part of my second-to-last final exam period?
1. Coming home on Saturday night to find two snowmen having sex on my lawn. Ah, the perks of living in the student ghetto...
Comments:
<< Home
I only made #3? I am shocked and appalled. I'm not sorry for what I called you on my blog!
I wish I had a hot tub to go to...
I wish I had a hot tub to go to...
11. Having a total monopoly over Margie's Xbox collection of games, leaving her only the comforts of NES.
Wah! I miss my Halos and Tenchu!
Wah! I miss my Halos and Tenchu!
You are in SO much trouble, boyfriend!!! Breaking into my blog like that!!! You're not hot hot hot, you're bad bad bad. And not good bad, like "you bad!" but bad bad, like "bad Andrew I'm mad at you!"
Errrgggg...
Errrgggg...
You're so keen on hottubs, you should save up and buy a movable one and set it up at each apartment you end up in. Of course, then it runs the risk of being used by roomates that may or may not be all that sanitary... eew roomate residue! Gross!
I have just realized that I am supposed to post resonses to other people's comments on my blog, as that encourages them to post.
Christine, I'm glad you like my snowmen. Or, snowman and snow-woman, as they so clearly are. I'm also glad that by the time you read this you will be done exams. I'm sorry that I didn't get to say good bye, Ms. busy-with-study-sessions but - Merry Christmas!
Margie, hope you're enjoying your X-box games again. The hot tub would be fun, but my WLU housemates have to get used to the more simple things, like recycling or washing of dishes, before I would trust them with a hot-tub. Thanks again for the ride to the airport.
Heidi, I've already posted on your blog, so I'll let that stand.
Christine, I'm glad you like my snowmen. Or, snowman and snow-woman, as they so clearly are. I'm also glad that by the time you read this you will be done exams. I'm sorry that I didn't get to say good bye, Ms. busy-with-study-sessions but - Merry Christmas!
Margie, hope you're enjoying your X-box games again. The hot tub would be fun, but my WLU housemates have to get used to the more simple things, like recycling or washing of dishes, before I would trust them with a hot-tub. Thanks again for the ride to the airport.
Heidi, I've already posted on your blog, so I'll let that stand.
My curiosity burns...what position were the snowcouple in? Missionary? Doggie-style? Erotic-wheelbarrow?
Post a Comment
<< Home

