Saturday, November 20, 2004
Poor predictions and hazy nights
It has been a week of poor predictions. After ripping through three essays on Tuesday, I was not able to get the other two done. My corporate leadership development essay was a little more problematic than I had hoped - it had to be more academically focused than real-world, the latter of which I prefer. Sigh. The cultural psych research proposal was put on the back burner as I worked a combined 12 hours on Thur and Fri.
The rest of my predictions came true, though. They culminated in a night at the Arts Formal at Fed Hall - which itself fell short of the attendance I might have predicted. Maybe only 70 people there? Still, all in all it was a good night. I had to work from 9:30-11:30 and when I got to the formal I was surprised at how quickly the Imprinters had managed to get completely blitzed. No naming names, but I got plenty of the "I love you, man!" and "Hey, I just can't stand up right now"s. Cheers to the non-imbibing Arda Ocal for winning the bar set, and to Tex Houston for declaring "Wednesday night is fondue night!" after winning his prize.
Oh, and one final disappointment: last night I wat notified by mail that I once again have been turned down for UW's President's Circle Awards for Volunteerism. That's all I have to say about that.
The rest of my predictions came true, though. They culminated in a night at the Arts Formal at Fed Hall - which itself fell short of the attendance I might have predicted. Maybe only 70 people there? Still, all in all it was a good night. I had to work from 9:30-11:30 and when I got to the formal I was surprised at how quickly the Imprinters had managed to get completely blitzed. No naming names, but I got plenty of the "I love you, man!" and "Hey, I just can't stand up right now"s. Cheers to the non-imbibing Arda Ocal for winning the bar set, and to Tex Houston for declaring "Wednesday night is fondue night!" after winning his prize.
Oh, and one final disappointment: last night I wat notified by mail that I once again have been turned down for UW's President's Circle Awards for Volunteerism. That's all I have to say about that.
Comments:
<< Home
What?!?!?! They turned you down again? Where are they? I'll break their legs!
But seriously... if there was anyone more entitled to a volunteerism award, it's you. Maybe they should have read your blog.
Post a Comment
But seriously... if there was anyone more entitled to a volunteerism award, it's you. Maybe they should have read your blog.
<< Home
